Saturday 30 April 2011

The Royal Wedding

Sometimes I hate to admit it, but I am a such a romantic!

 Yesterday, as the whole entire world knows, was the wedding day of His Royal Highness, Prince William to his sweetheart Kate Middleton. And to us girls, one of the most exciting thing was that dress! We all couldn't wait to see it. One of my girlfriends hosted a Royal Wedding Breakfast and a few of us met up at her flat to watch the Royal Wedding together.


I felt quite bad for my son, because although it was a bank holiday, I still woke him up quite early so we could get to my friend's for breakfast. He didn't take too kindly to that. Bless his cottons. But his reward was one of his favourite meals - a full English breakfast.

Our spread...

See how he cleaned his plate! Enjoyment! Lol.

So we headed over for our Royal Wedding Breakfast where we watched the wedding together. Little man played on his DSi (lol). I have to say the room was filled with excitement and anticipation. I don't need to go into too much detail because the whole world was watching!

They make a very handsome couple. He is royalty! Plain and simple. He's the perfect gentleman and her prince charming. She is so elegant and oozes class and sophistication. I was thinking, what a dream come true. And how proud her parents must be. They've gone from building their own wealth, to being in-laws to the royals, parents of the future queen of England. What an achievement. Let me hear you say FAVOUR!

I love the way the Prince honoured his mother the late Diana, Princess of Wales. I love the fact that Princess Diana's family were given prominent seats in the church. But then again, what else should one expect? She was his mother after all.

I do wish the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge a very happy married life. May they be fruitful and multiply. May their home be fill with joy, laughter, understanding, respect, and most importantly LOVE. God bless them.

It was so nice to see some diversity amongst the choir. And didn't they sound beautiful!
:)

I just couldn't resist. Lol.


Me (in the hat), little man (looking a little dazed - like "are these women for real?" Lol) and a couple of the girls. Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Nice pictures. Your lil boy is so cute!
    Speaking of favor, may we all be favored in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ope, Aww, thank you so much! Amen, amen and amen! In Jesus name. Thanks for coming by. You're my very first comment, so I'm soooo excited! You made my day. Thank you so much once again. ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ the pic of your little man and the girls.
    He looked absolutely FED UP. LOL
    Re: You in your hat....Priceless.

    Have a good week
    (I'm popping you on my blog roll so I'll surely be back)
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Naijamum, I know right?! Hahaha! But he thoroughly enjoyed his breakfast.
    I've had that hat for years (don't really know why), but this was the perfect occasion to wear it. Lol.

    Thanks so much for putting me on you blog roll. (I frequent yours ever since I discovered it.)
    ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is interesting, and I loved the commentary on the royal wedding. Your dressing was superb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Myne Whitman, thanks so much for passing by and reading my blog. Really appreciate it.
    Thanks for the compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete