Wednesday 27 April 2011

Easter Period Blessings

I'd like to start by wishing everyone a Happy Easter!!!
Hope a blessed time has been had by one and all, and most importantly, I hope we've taken time out to be thankful for the real reason for the season - JESUS!!! His life, His death and His resurrection!!! I thank God for His sacrificial love!

I've had a really good Easter break I have to say. On Good Friday I had planned to lunch with a friend of mine at a Nigerian restaurant and enjoy a fish dish. But a last minute plan change meant we had lunch at another friends house, where we enjoyed a home-cooked Jamaican fish dish (it was soooo delicious!). We had ackee and saltfish with rice, boiled plantain, grilled (and might I add, very well seasoned) mackerel and white bream. Mmmmmmmmm! It was so delightful! So sorry, I forgot to take a picture of my plate - I was so eager to get stuck into the food, the thought only occurred to me after I'd devoured the lot. Lol.

After lunch, my friend and I hit the West End to do a spot of shopping. We were both proud of our purchases and helped to restrain each other. She's my second favorite shopping companion hands down (after Holy Spirit of course). After about three or so hours shopping, we were knackered! It was time to exit the City, but not before a Belgium waffle and ice cream - so yum!

I spent most of Saturday dying, washing and treating my hair. Then I took little man to go get his hair cut. He looks so handsome with his little high-top. ;) And we did a little bit more shopping - shoes and a few tops for little man (and who am I kidding, I bought a pair of floral straw wedges for myself too). I am NOT a shopaholic! I promise, I'm not! Lol.

Resurrection Sunday was such a wonderful day. My son and I went to Church in the morning. Sunday service was a reminder of God's love. My favorite quote from the service has to be: "God loves me and there's nothing I can do about it!" Romans 8:38-39 reads: For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, (39) Nor Height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. What a revelation! God's love just is. I can't earn it and there's nothing I can do to separate myself from it. Isn't that a relief? Oh yes it is! ;)

It was also my dad's birthday on Sunday, so after church, little man and I headed to my parents for a family bbq. Where we ate more good food. Don't mention my Weight Loss Challenge - I'll just deny all knowledge of it! Lol.

Easter Monday we went out to dinner at a restaurant at The O2 to celebrate one of my girlfriend's birthday. The food was nice - Chinese buffet. But the best thing was the company, and the fact that little man ate so much. Lol. Three plates and dessert to be exact. 

And the piece-de-resistante...a friend of mine gave birth to a beautiful baby girl this morning! What a wonderful way to end a wonderful season and weekend. Beautiful! Just beautiful!

 Little man and I (wearing one of my purchases) at my dad's birthday barbecue

Close up and smiles ;)

My friend's birthday dinner - that's my little man, my friend and moi


Little man and the newest member of the crew
I thank God for everything!

Until next time, 

Ciao! x

1 comment:

  1. Most of us spends holidays staying at home, cleaning and organizing. There is nothing to do on holidays anymore, just going out on dinner and spend time with family.

    ReplyDelete