Thursday 7 April 2011

Weight Loss Challenge

Been on a weight loss journey officially and seriously since December 2010 now with two of my friends. It's been going week for the most part, but I seem to have hit a stumbling block. I've nearly lost a stone now and for the past three weeks, I've stayed the same until this week, where I gained a pound. Yikes! So, I'm putting this on my blog in the hope that this will make me accountable.

My friends and I weigh ourselves every Wednesday at our local Boots Pharmacy, then we send a picture of our weigh in result printouts to our BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) group. We then compare the current weeks weight to the previous week's. Depending on whether we lose, gain or stay the same we'll congratulate, encourage or suggest new strategies for the following week.

I have to say that this group has been wonderful. This is the most weight I have ever managed to lose. And for the most part we've all managed to stay on course. At times when we've felt weak, we just start up a conversation on the group. We share recipes and salads. We also confess!!! Lol. We tell each other when we're about to fall off the wagon, or that we fell off the wagon and fess up about everything we've eaten. Being in the group is not just effective, but also a lot of fun.

With that said, I shall be keeping this blog updated from now on. I will try to blog on our weigh in days (Wednesdays) or shortly after. 

Here are a few of my weigh in results and some of the things pictures I've shared with the group.









The last weigh in print was taken yesterday. I have gained 1lb, which I'm not too pleased with. So my challenge is to drop another 2lbs over the next week. I shall be attempting to achieve this by replacing some meals with just soup over the next few days. I'm determined to stay on course.

See you in a week or so. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment