Saturday 5 July 2014

Tuna and Avocado

Good afternoon folks!
 
Hope you're enjoying your weekend.
 
For those who asked, I managed to find out the name of the nail varnish in my previous post. It's call Eternal Optimist by Essie. ;)
 
I made an accidental discovery and thought I would share it. What had happened was...
 
Usually on Saturday's when my son is at home, I make a full English breakfast. He really looks forward to it. Bless. Last Saturday however, I just didn't fancy cooking anything. Plus we both had places to get to. So I whipped out leftover tuna mix from the fridge. Added avocado and toast to the mix and, hey presto! Breakfast was served.
 
 
Lami enjoyed the cold tuna in his toasted sandwich, whilst I had mine on top of my toast.
 
Ingredients:
 
1 Onion
Mushrooms (optional)
1/2 a bell pepper (I used the orange one, but you can also use the red or yellow one)
Tuna (2 tins)
Tomato and Basil sauce
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
Season with salt, garlic pepper, 1 maggi cube
Avocado
Bread (toasted)
 
Chop the onions, mushrooms and bell pepper. Heat up one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Add the chopped vegetables and tuna to pan. Add all seasonings. Add the tomato and basil sauce (I used Loyd Grossman's Tomato and Basil sauce). Mix everything well in. Allow to cook together for ten minutes.
 
 
 
When I originally cooked this mix we had it with pasta. I put the leftover mix in the fridge. To add to the leftover mix I simply did the following:
 
Chop the avocado into big(ish) chunks. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top of the avocado.
 
Toast the bread. Spread the spread of your choice - I use olive spread.
 
Serve leftover tuna mix with toast and avocado slices/chunks.
 
Et voila!
 
 
Yummm!
 
Hope you give this a go. If you do, let me know how it turned out.
 
Have a great weekend! Hope it's sunny where you are!
 
Buki
xox
 
(Disclaimer: All pictures used were taken by, edited by and belong to bukibelle.com)


6 comments:

  1. Your son is so blessed to have you as a mom! How special is your tradition of sunday breakfast. He will cherish these moments/memories for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks so much Highly Favored. I really hope so!

      Delete
  2. thanks for finding out the nail polish...the food looks delicious, you should do a post involving Amala for us someday. enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Destiny! Hahahaha! You've got me thinking now. Hmmmm.

      Delete
  3. l nominated you for the gratitude challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete