Sunday 12 January 2014

It's Been Too Long

Well a huge hello and Happy New Year to you all!

I hope you're all doing well. I hope you've had great Christmas and New Year's celebrations. And I hope the year ahead is full of wonderment (wonderful enjoyment) for you.

I've been away a looong time. I realise my last post was in May, and I only posted a total of three times in 2013. Whilst this is appalling, I can't say it was completely accidental (it wasn't completely on purpose either). I had desired to blog a whole lot more than I did, but it just wasn't happening. I also went through a lot in terms of changing my heart and mindset in a lot of areas.

The first half of last year I spent feeling "less than" in so many ways. Once I realised my mindset was generally negative, I had to take a step back from blogging.

Sometimes when you take a big hit it takes a while for the pain to kick in, and when it finally does, it feels like hell (whatever hell must feel like). When I first got separated I think anger was all I felt. I went through 2012 completely disoriented. Eventually the actual pain kicked in. I couldn't handle the magnitude of what had happened to me and how on earth I let it. Then after the pain, more anger. I was angry with absolutely everybody involved. I was especially angry with God. He gets blamed for everything, even though he sends warnings, blockades, great big huge billboard signs! All of them ignored of course. Then He gets the blame. Smh.

Anyway, I'm happy to say bye bye to 2013, and happy to get on with life. 2013 wasn't bad. I'd say it was a year of growth. 2013 taught me a lot of very valuable lessons. One of the most important ones was self-acceptance. Loving me no matter what's going on, what others may have to say, how others act towards me, and (wait for it...) no matter what I've done. Such a liberating feeling. I'm also free from the bondage of "what will they think?". My new perspective is "what will God think?"

Yes, 2013 has been a pivotal year for me to say the least. I'm grateful for the lessons.

Well guess what?! I'm back! I'm rebooted, refreshed, and rejuvenated! Whoop! Positive about life and the year ahead. I truly sense that 2014 is going to be special. I don't normally feel so positive about the year ahead, but I'm not ashamed to say, this year I am. Very positive!

I've made some changes regarding this blog. The first is the name. Previously www.msbukiwrites.blogspot.com, now I welcome you to www.bukibelle.com. I wanted to change my blog name a while now. I think "msbukiwrites" gives the impression that I'm a writer, but I'm not. It took me forever to decide on a new name. I finally decided on BukiBelle. I started to feel uncertain again, then I got a fragrance called Belle (by Lancome) for my birthday. Smells delightful! Alas! Confirmation! Thus bukibelle.com was born.



This year I hope to be a lot more active in the blogosphere than I was last year.

Thank you for taking the journey with me so far. I hope you'll continue to stick around!

Buki. xox


23 comments:

  1. Welcome back! LIke you, I have been AWOL for quite a while.
    So sorry to hear about your challenges. I hope you and your baby were okay?
    I guess what doesnt kill us will only make us stronger?
    You have your health, good looks and a brain that works....Hey, life is good xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww!! My beloved NIL! Thank you so much! Glad to be back. Yes o! What doesn't kill us most certainly makes us stronger, and wiser might I add. My little man is a-okay, thanks for asking. How are you and your lovely troop? I noticed you've been AWOL too, but you tried sha. I think you blogged a few times more than me still. Lol.
      Feels nice to reconnect! Life certainly is good! xoxoxoxoxoxox

      Delete
  2. l missed your from blogville and am excited to see you back. I myself was MIA for half of 2013.lol You are one strong lady, l look forward to reading from your blog this year. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Destiny, how far? I trust all is well with you. So many of us were MIA from blogsville in 2013. Must be something in the water. Thank you! The Lord is my strength. I'm glad to be back. Thanks for sticking around! x

      Delete
  3. rock that perfume girl!lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, somehow we all went AWOL. I look forward to continually coming back here. I wish you the best of 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dayor! I hope I can keep your attention o. I hope 2014 is great for you too. x

      Delete
  5. Happy New year and welcome back too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you Okeoghene. Thanks for welcoming me back. :)

      Delete
  6. Yaaaaaay! Welcome Miss Buki, trust you and your lil man are doing good?
    Glad to have you back on blogger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Missy Tee! xx
      Yes, we're doing great thank you! How about you?
      So glad to be back as well. x

      Delete
  7. WELCOME BACK!!! II love the name Bukkibelle! I can't believe it wasn't taken! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much Sisi Yemmie. Me too! I quickly snapped it up before someone else did. Hehe.
      How are wedding plans? Exciting times! x

      Delete
  8. I'm very glad you are back. I pray whatever healing has taken place in you is permanent. I pray you stay this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Thank you @ilola. I pray so too. God bless you! x

      Delete
  9. Awwww I love that name. Welcome back dear, to say I have missed u is an understatement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Favouredwoman. That warms my heart. xx

      Delete
  10. It's so good to have you back Buki!

    Happy new year.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mstizzle! Glad to be back! xx

      Delete