Wednesday 18 May 2011

Just checking in...

I know it's been a while, just thought I would check in real quick.

Been really busy lately. Work has got me working  flat out over the past couple of weeks, and on top of that been working on my own gig on the side - being a mum. I need some regular exercise because when my head hits the pillow (sometimes as early as 9pm) I'm out like a light, literally! And that's not normal for me.

I did mention a few weeks back that I would exercise on my Wii Fit more and guess how many times I've managed to do so since then. Yeah, you guessed right - NONE! Not good at all. Feeling lethargic and this is not good at all.

Besides that, my weight loss journey has been going in the wrong direction too. (What is up with me???) This week I gained another pound. I felt like giving up. But I know I can't. I have slim dreams. Lol. Maybe I'm lacking in some kind of nutrient. (Note to self - look up nutrition.)

All the "not so good stuff" aside, things are most definitely looking up though, so I really shouldn't be complaining. God has been good to me at work! He's got people fighting my battles and orchestrating all kinds of moves in my favour. And I am so thankful to HIM!
AND I have my very first booking. Ok, I probably should back it up and explain more. Lol. I recently got my diploma in Wedding Planning and I've been eager to make a start in building up my experience and portfolio. I recently landed an internship with an up and coming events company. That on it's own was exciting. One evening I was on the phone to my friend (who's an events coordinator) picking her brain about an event I have to plan. She said the light went on and she had a "ping" moment. Lol. Girlfriend hooked me up with one of her clients, and now I have my very first gig. E ba mi yin Baba logo! So, yes, I am hyped about that.


Yes, my wedding planner dreams began with this movie. I'm not ashamed to admit it. Lol.

Well, that's all I've got for today. Hope to have a much more energetic, optimistic and upbeat blog for you the next time I sign in.

God bless you peeps. :)

6 comments:

  1. The Lord is so amazing! It's so comforting to know that the Creator of Heaven and Earth is also interested in being our defender! Also, how exciting for you to plan a wedding! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Higgenbottom,

    Awww, thanks so much. I intend to have fun! And yes, the Lord is truly amazing!

    Thanks for passing by. Really appreciate it.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your first gig
    I'm sure you'll be fab
    Please do keep us posted re: how it goes.
    Have fun!!

    RE: Gaining a pound...I do know water retention happens from time to time. Might that be the cause?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Naijamum in L.
    Thanks so much! I most definitely will keep you posted. :)))
    Re: weightgain, I know I've been pigging out, so I can't really blame water retention. Lol.
    Thanks so much for dropping by again. Makes my day.
    God bless you sis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! I just started my business too and i'm looking for my first gig, so i can imagine how happy you're feeling!

    Thanks so much for following my blog :D

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Adiya,
    Thanks so much. I know, these are exciting times. Sending positive thoughts your way so you'll get your first gig real soon!

    Thanks so much for passing by and reading my blog.
    :)

    ReplyDelete