Monday 23 May 2016

Hephzibah!



So I saw this scripture on Instagram and these three words stuck out to me. So I decided to look them up to find out what they really meant.


Diadem: A jewelled crown or headband worn as a symbol of sovereignty.

Hephzibah: My delight is in her in Hebrew. She is a queen and the mother of Manasseh in the Old Testament. 

Beulah: In the Bible, Beulah is a place, not a person, applied to the land of Israel by the prophet Isaiah and the land of Beulah has sometimes been considered a reference to heaven. It began to be used as a given name in England at the time of the Reformation and was used by the seventeenth century Puritans.

So in short, this scripture reads to me as:
Woman of God, you are a jewel in His hand. He delights in you. And you reside in heavenly places.

This certainly made me feel special so I had to share (can't be selfish now!).
Please be encouraged as I was.
Have an awesome week!
Buki
x

(Disclaimer: All pictures used were taken by, edited by and belong to bukibelle.com)

2 comments:

  1. You don't need to be of any particular faith to understand how beautiful this scripture is. I also liked that you gave meanings for people who didn't understand these words. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete