Saturday 22 October 2011

Over to the Other Side

No one ever said it would be easy. No one said it would be fun all the time, or even most of the time. But what they do say is that when it's good it's really good. Or "he who laughs last laughs loudest". And "What's yours will not pass you by". Well, I'm anxiously awaiting the "good". Anticipating the "laughter". And waiting to receive "what's mine". 

Got to say that this waiting part is no fun. Things I used to get excited about are starting to dwindle out of my minds eye. I'm trying my hardest to keep my expectations high. I can see myself slowly, slowly settling for less than what is mine. This is due to disappointment after disappointment. What's a girl to do?

Where there's hope, there's life. I've got a little bit of hope left inside me (somewhere). 

Anyways, during my morning devotion this morning (Friday 21st October 2011), I felt like God spoke to me. Kinda felt like "oh, so You can hear my heart's cry then Lord". Cheeky, I know, but one thing I've learned about God is that He's mine. So He can handle me (my cheek included). I was reading UCB Word For Today and the title for todays Word was Getting to the Other Side. Realising that that's all I'm really trying to do, my ears tweaked a bit. I sat to attention and curiously read on.

Mark 4:35
That day when evening came, He said to His disciples, "Let us go over to the other side."

This happened just before Jesus calmed the storm.

...And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling (Mark 4:35-37).

The Word for Today reads (and I quote word for word):

'The devil doesn't want you to get through this storm and reach the other side.' 

(And don't I know it.)

'He doesn't mind you going to church, singing in the choir or serving on the board;'

(This sounds like me right now.)

'he just doesn't want you to reach your God-ordained destiny.'

(Ain't that something. That crafty devil.)

'But (shame on you devil! There's a BUT!) what's waiting for you on the other side is worth everything you're going through at the moment.'

(These words spoke right to my heart. Thank You Lord!)

'You are up against a formidable opponent who knows God has a plan for your life. But (there's that word again devil) he cannot sink the man or woman who has Jesus on board with them, who prays and stays close to Him...'

Well, that was a wonderful reminder earlier, and it's just as invigorating reading it again now.

Needed to encourage myself today, and thought while I was at it, I'd encourage someone else. 

Hope you're encouraged (if you needed it).

Be inspired with confidence. ;)

xoxox

P.S. I then remembered this song by Michelle Williams. The lyrics are so fitting for how I feel/felt. You'll find your Purpose in Your Storm. ;)



11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I'd definitely find a purpose in my storm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms Buki..thanks for sharing

    I was so encouraged with "what's waiting for you on the other side is worth everything you're going through at the moment". God bless you and may He give us the strenght to wait through this storm so we can get to the other side :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms Buki, Ms Buki, Ms Buki. That really went a long way. Thanks for this. God bless n encourage you too. Remember one thing- He is always there when you think he isn't listening. He works mysteriously! Thanks ma'm have a fab weekend· :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get the UCB word for the day in my inbox too courtesy of my sister, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very encouraging to me especially with my package being stolen, the lord is our strength.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what's waiting for you on the other side is worth everything you're going through at the moment"

    So So.. true..
    The Good thing about God is that he is always up to sth good even when we can feel him.
    Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this, i really needed to hear this, my prayer this morning was more of a whine...how long lord??..thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanx soo much for sharing. Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for reading and commenting on this post. I'm glad you were encouraged. Stay encouraged!
    God bless.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete