Wednesday 30 September 2015

Sweet Potato and Minced Turkey

Well hello there!
 
I'm back again so soon. This is becoming a good habit ;)
 
Hope you're all good.
 
I want to thank you all for sticking with me through thick and thin (post and no post)! You are awesome!!!
 
Well, one of my roles as mum includes chef. Cooking is something I find quite therapeutic. Here is a recipe a colleague share with me. Well, my own version of it. You see, I don't tend to stick strictly to recipes. I tend to use whatever I already have in my fridge and cupboards. Things usually turn out fine. And if not, then next time I try and stick closer to the recipe. :D
 
So here's the recipe.
 
You will need:
 
Minced Turkey (or beef, or lamb, whatever you prefer) - 500g
Medium sized onion - 1
Medium to large sweet potatoes - 4
Broccoli
Vegetable oil - 1 table spoon
Butter - 62g (or a quarter of a 250g block)
Mature cheddar cheese (or any cheese of your choosing) - 75g
Seasoning (of your own choosing, but I used salt, garlic pepper, dried parsley, curry powder, chicken stock)
 
Put the oil in the pan (or pot). Chop the onion and add to oil. Wash and add minced turkey to pot. Season as required, stir everything together and leave to cook. Stir periodically. Should cook in 20 minutes. About 5 minutes before turning the stove off, add the broccoli and mix it altogether.
 
 
Skin, chop and wash the sweet potatoes. Place in a pot, add water a little salt and a teaspoon of butter. Leave to boil and well soften (but not too soft). Should cook in about 20 minutes. Once boiled, add the butter (chop the butte into cubes and spread around the post. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
 
 
Pre-heat the oven at 220degrees. Place the mince in a baking dish. Place the mashed sweet potato on top of the mince. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the mashed potato. Place the dish in the oven and let it cook for a further 20 minutes, or until the top turns golden crispy.
 
 
 
 






 
 
Once cooked, let the dish sit for a few minutes. Then serve. A simple meal that takes about 50 minutes (including preparation time).
 
**One amendment I would make is to let the mince dry out as much as possible so there's no water when I dish it out!
 
My son enjoyed this dish very much. Hope you do too.
 
Enjoy!
 
Blog you again soon!
 
Buki
xox
 
(Disclaimer: All pictures used were taken by, edited by and belong to bukibelle.com)

2 comments:

  1. Should I come to your house so you can feed me?

    Words designed to Intimidate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet potato this food blogs will be the cause of my death I must admit everythings looks finger licking maybe I should add these to my thanksgiving menu and get an accompaniment

    ReplyDelete