Sunday 18 March 2012

Happy Mothers Day!

Hello folks!

Thank you all so much for your comments and prayers. I really do appreciate you guys. And welcome to my new followers. I appreciate you too. :oD

I'd like to say I'm sorry for my absence, but I'm not. I've purposely stayed away because I didn't want this blog to be filled with negativity. I have been battling my thoughts like you wouldn't believe. I'd like to say the worst of it is over, but tomorrow is another day.

Anyways, I wanted to post today specifically because it's Mothers Day over here in the UK. And being a mother is one of my favourite things about myself. It's my badge of honour and I honestly don't know where I would be without it. I'm very serious. Lol.

You see, having this little one to think about has kept me grounded, motivated, humble, and loving. There was a time I just couldn't stand men. I absolutely detested them. I'd been so hurt repeatedly by one man (among other things done to me by another) that I said to myself I could do without. The funny thing though was I am a mother to a boy. I remember one day I was so full of anger towards men I was talking to God and complaining about men. I was so full of venom and as I was speaking I came to a sudden halt. I paused for a long while and looked up and said, "wow God! You have such a sense of humour". You see, no matter how much I wanted to hate men, I couldn't. No matter how much I wanted them obliterated, it could never happen. God had made me the mother to a son. 

I realised that how I felt at that moment in time would affect my son. So I needed to put a lid on the hatred I felt. I couldn't hate men because my son would one day grow up to be just that. A man. I had to change my thinking and fast. I loved my son and I didn't want him to suffer for the sins of others. And that was the end of that. I started to confess that I loved men and they are a necessity. The world can no more run without them than it can without women. After a while my feelings did actually change. And do you know what the biggest test of that has been? My last experience with a man. Although I've been lied to and hurt by yet another man, I have left him be. I've left him to deal with and suffer for his own sins and my view of men hasn't reverted to what it once was. That on it's own is a testimony!

I don't know what having a daughter feels like. I imagine it must be nice too. But having a son is amazing! I remember a time I was so depressed and I was bathing Little Man. He was about three years old. He looked at me really serious, held my face and said "Mummy, praise the Lord!" Then he burst out laughing. I was shaken out of my thoughts and I couldn't help but laugh too. Then I followed suit and repeated after him "Praise the Lord!" That confirmed Psalm 8:2 - Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength... What a revelation!

Then there was the time I was really ill. I kept coughing through the night. I think it was on the second or third day of coughing fits, Little Man was getting dressed in his room. I heard him "tut". He came into my room with such authority, laid his hand on my head and said "Father, in the name of Jesus, I pray for my mum's healing because I'm fed up of this coughing! Cough and cold! Leave my mum's body right now in Jesus name! Mummy, you are healed now!" I was gobsmacked! And guess what? The coughing stopped almost immediately!!! He was seven at the time.

When he's sick, before I go to the medicine cabinet, the first thing I do is pray. When I was sick, before I prayed I'd go to the medicine cabinet. Lol. Well on that morning Little Man taught mama a lesson in faith.

There are so many precious little stories like that that I could share with you, and I will as time goes by. But I just wanted to come post something real quick on Mothers Day.

I love being a mummy. I love seeing him grow. I love loving and caring for my child. I love reaping the rewards along the way. I pray I will reap many more rewards like these in the future.

I thank God for the privilege and honour of being a mother.

And I say Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers out there. Be blessed!


xoxox

6 comments:

  1. Awww... Your little man is such a huge blessing. Happy Mothers day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's day Ms Buki!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am blessed with both and boys have a certain sensitivity towards their mothers I have to say. My son is the firstnto sense I,m not ok. My girls are much younger f course and they are just previous mini me's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Children are a blessing. Have a wonderful mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWW!!! Happy Mothers day and I bet your son will grow up to be an awesome Man :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy mother's day to you too, hon, your son is blessed!

    ReplyDelete