Monday 15 August 2011

Hello there...

Hello Everybody!!!!

First of all, I wanna thank everybody that read my last post, and those that commented. And a big hello to all my new followers since then. I appreciate you all!!!

Secondly, I'm sure a lot of you all have heard about the UK Riots! SMH! Couldn't believe what was going on first in London, then up and down the UK. Thank God they've stopped all their rioting now. For the most part I really think it was just a bunch of opportunists. So many psychologists, politicians and experts tried to rationalise, justify or explain these riots. Some even tried to turn it into a black riot or black youths riots. What a load of nonsense! These people were not fighting ANY cause whatsoever! AND there were youths from every race. They just realised that if they united to vandalise they could get freebies by looting. I was and am still so appalled (as I'm sure many were too). These young people were just interested in what they could get through looting. And the sad thing was that it's their own communities that will suffer the effects of their own actions. So silly. 

My heart goes out to all those small businesses that were barely surviving before these riots, that now have to deal with even more loss. And all those whose homes were broken into, cars destroyed or were even physically assaulted during these riots. So very sad.

There goes the insurance rates! Smh! (I shm'd so much this past week, there was a point that I thought if I smh just one more time it would get stuck).

My little man's been at his dad for a week now (another week to go). So I've been a free bird for the past week and man I have been L-A-Z-E-E-E!!! For the most part I've just been going to work, going to mum's for dinner, coming home and crashing! Oh I've been enjoying o! The first few days I was seriously missing little man. Didn't know what to do with myself. Then I decided I would do the bare minimum at home (which has been working out just fine - LOL).

A friend of mine invited me to this Hip Hop Karaoke thing last week. So I decided why not?! A few of us went. I went straight from work (big mistake!). I had to get ready in the toilets and was so hot, I was sweating buckets! I freshened up as best I could and went to meet the girls. They seemed pretty excited to pick some tunes to do when we first got there (I was just curious, and nervous! I wasn't about to make a fool of myself yo!). Anyways, once the girls got a glimpse of the list of songs and came to the realisation that the most popular (and well known by us - we're not hip hop lovers) were already spoken for, they decided to back up and just watch. (Phew!)

When the games began, oh my days! the place was jampacked and was crazy hot! The most shocking thing for us was the how much the host swore. Smh. When he first swore we all looked at each other with raised eyebrows. After two or three sentences, we were like yeah, this ain't our scene yo! Lol. I guess it goes with the culture. It was too vulgar for us. But please tell me, who sent us??? Hahaha. We ourselves were doing "I too know". Lol. Lesson learned.

We stayed for just a few songs (all the subjects were really brave and quite good) and then we just had to go (the heat was unbearable and it was a work night after all). HOWEVER, as soon as we got outside, we were planning our next visit and how we're gonna rehearse a particular song and bring our other friend who really digs hip hop and all that. We make me laugh (and we're glutons for punishment)! I feel a bit like an agbaya now. Lolol.
This coming week I need to get into gear. Too much lazy-ing around. And as little man's coming back home next weekend, I don't want to be struggling to get into gear when he's back. But I intend enjoy at least a couple more days of laziness first. :)

A friend of mine has been encouraging me to do a parenting blog because she thinks I'm a fountain of parenting knowledge for dummies. I'm no expert, but I'm willing to share my knowledge and experiences. Seriously considering it though - should be interesting. Will keep you posted about that (for anyone interested).

Have a wonderful (riot-free) week ahead.

Ciao for now peeps.

x

5 comments:

  1. The looting thing is sad. ha...you are seriously enjoying your time alone ooo. Good for you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time alone oh
    You deserve it
    Re: the swearing....I really dont like too much. It can be soo tedious.
    Have a lovely week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the Uk riots have subsided

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like you had fun, that's nice :)

    As for the parenting blog, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @9jaFOODie,
    Thank God the riots/looting is over now. London was unrecognizable for that period.
    Thank you jare. I enjoyed o. :)

    @N.I.L,
    Had a fun couple of weeks, now back to business as usual. I hear you re: swearing. Smh.
    You have a lovely week ahead too. :)

    @kitkat,
    You have no idea how relieved we all are now. Thank God!

    @Myne,
    I did have fun o.
    As soon as I build up the courage, I'll start it. Thanks for the 9Jja Mum post. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete